Liz Alig believes clothing should be effortless - the kind of dresses you can just throw on and look great all day - sweaters that are so comfortable you can live in - and clothing that is unique, easy to layer, and functional (which is why they love pockets!)
- They believe clothing production can and should be transparent.
- They believe in high quality, sustainable fibers. As textile nerds they love rich timeless textiles - bulky handwoven stripes - super soft pima cotton - hand dyed silk - vibrant boho ikat.
- They believe the clothing production process can be beautiful!
- They believe in slow fashion. Clothing taken back to its roots. Garments that may take months to make because the cotton was grown organically and hand woven into fabric then hand dyed and printed and next hand sewn. Why this extra time? They have the opportunity to give more people more meaningful jobs.
- They believe recycling is important.
- They believe in supporting fair trade workshops and co-ops that give back to their communities and workers with education, freedom, and dignity.
- They believe the clothes we choose to wear impact the world around us.
- They believe together this kind of thinking can change the world - even if it is one women's village at a time.